Historic Church Approved for National Register of Historic Places

1970s delphi united methodist churchThe Delphi Methodist Episcopal Church was approved in July 2015 for listing in the National Register of Historic Places!The nomination was prepared by Kurt West Garner‬ with a Partners in Preservation grant from Indiana Landmarks.

Built in the 1870s, the church is an excellent example of Gothic styling with pointed arches, lots of stained glass, stepped buttresses, front gables and verge boards, and a tall tower. Attached to the main structure is a parsonage added in 1897 with Second Empire styling and Tudor influences.

The historic church was gifted to the Delphi Preservation Society in July 2013 by the Trustees and Congregants of the Delphi United Methodist Church.

E-Letter Archives

2015  

2014

2013

2012

DPS Logo with CC 200

 

118 N. Union Street 
P.O. Box 161
Delphi, IN 46923
765-564-4300