Delphi Methodist Episcopal Church
In July 2013, the trustees and congregants of the Delphi United Methodist Church donated their historic building to the Delphi Preservation Society. Built in 1878, the Methodist Episcopal Church underwent several major renovations. In 1898, a parsonage with Tudor-Gothic styling was added. A major renovation in 1928 added an Education Wing, reoriented the sanctuary, and refaced the brick facade.
The former church has been used by the Delphi Preservation Society as its headquarters during the restoration of the Delphi Opera House. Operatiing under the name Delphi Opera House 2, the former church has been home to the Opera House Gallery of Contemporary Art, to art and other education classes, as well as to meetings, concerts, and other events. With the reopening of the Delphi Opera House in September 2015, the former church has been renamed as Union Center to designate both its location at 118 N. Union Street as well as its community purpose.
In July 2015, the Delphi Methodist Episcopal Church was approved for listing in the National Register of Historic Places. The church is an excellent example of Gothic styling with pointed arches, lots of stained glass, stepped buttresses, front gables and verge boards, and a tall tower. Attached to the main structure is a parsonage added in 1897 with Second Empire styling and Tudor influences.